Our leading industry experts have garnered more than a decade of experience:
- Application-wide performance analysis using platform specific tools.
- Application and platform specific performance tuning.
- Working with HotSpot VM – JIT Compiler and Runtime as well as the Parallel (Throughput), (Concurrent Mark and Sweep (CMS) and Garbage First (G1) GCs.
- Developing using C, C++, Java and Qt applications.
We customize the training based on customer needs. Here’s the gist of our most recent 4 day Java Enterprise Application Performance Training course:
- Factors affecting performance: Doing the right measurement and capturing the right data!
- Performance Analysis Methodology: Includes the process and step-by-step approach to not only diagnosing (and possibly isolating) the problem but also solving the issue at any layer in the Java enterprise stack. Note: The approach will tell you where in the stack the problem lies. But it is not able to tell you how to analyze within the same stack layer, since, e.g. if its a problem with the database, the approach will tell you that there is a problem in the application’s ecosystem, and then we have to apply the process of elimination to get to the database component.
- Java HotSpot Virtual Machine internals: JIT compilation, Runtime and GC.
- Memory management: Different GC algorithms and optimizations for each; allocation and promotion rates; parallelization of work and bottlenecks.
- Tools and tuning: This will apply to the entire stack, so e.g. tools at the OS level, Java VM level (including GC and compilation), application profiling, JIT profiling, OS level profiling, memory profiling, etc